- January 1 - Effective date of current assessment
- April 1 - Assessment Notices mailed to the property owner
- April 2 - April 30 inclusive - Protest of assessment period for filing with the local Board of Review
- May 1 thru adjournment - Board of Review meets each year
- October 16 - October 25 inclusive - Protest period for filing with the Board of review on those properties affected by changes in value as a result of the Director of Revenue Equalization Orders (odd-numbered years)
- July 1 - The filing deadline for Homestead Credit, Business Property Tax Credit, Disabled Veterans Credit, and Military Exemption. Credit and exemption will appear on the tax statement received the following year.
- Kristin Benton
Chief Deputy Assessor
- Jenny Narber
Lucas County Courthouse
916 Braden Ave · First Floor
Chariton, IA 50049
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.