Sunny · 43°

Military Records

How to request and receive a copy of military records

Military discharge papers (DD 214’s) may be filed in the Lucas County Recorder’s office. An original or certified copy is needed for filing purposes.

If you wish to request a certified copy of a military discharge, please complete and return the application. Please send a photocopy of your driver’s license if mailing. Entitlement has to be proven before a certified copy can be issued. There is no charge to record or obtain a certified copy of a military record.

Certified Copy of Military Records Application

Additional resources

Veterans Affairs Director
Dave Amos
Lucas County Public Health
123 S. Grand St
Chariton, IA 50049
Phone: 641-774-4611

Back · Lucas County Recorder